Friday, June 20, 2008

Student Art Projects

Click above.

This project wasn't the most exciting thing, but I did meet the CA State Standards in providing my students with the opportunity to learn how to manipulate digital media. The success of this was being able to do it with my fifth graders at 2 out of 5 schools-a feat that can only happen when there is an operational computer lab and lab staff to assist with technical difficulties. This year, the SFUSD boggled all of my school sites down by shutting down school servers, wiping out student work & reimaging or redesigning school websites. My poor students were constantly beginning their work over and over because their work would be lost, so they were only able to do so much...

The funnest projects I did this year was the weaving & basketry work...I think I was influenced by my trip to the PI in 2006 and I've moved more towards the practical arts...more on that later.

No comments: