Monday, December 29, 2008




I write with sadness that my friend's son, Kenneth Sula, has been seriously injured in a knife attack in Lake Sebu. I spent some time in Davao with Kenneth, and two other Lumad (indigenous peoples) students, the wonderful cousins Merlita & Silme Rico. I loved spending time with these young university students and purposely had them all meet so that Merlita and Silme could be a support system for Kenneth, who just moved to the big city. We spent the day shopping for tennis shoes, as Kenneth's last pair of shoes had been ruined when his teachers brought him hiking up to Mt. Apo.

I just spoke with Luanda about how the lumad students will soon be on their own, as I believe the money for the dorm they stay in will soon be depleted. I still want to have a fundraiser, and have been thinking a lot about it when I received the email below from Rosie.

Today we really need your prayers.

No comments: