Friday, March 21, 2008

Celebrating My Life & My Travels


"Ask and ye shall receive."

It's official!!! I applied for a grant to go the the Philippines and I received my award letter from the Fund for Teachers today! It's my second fellowship. The first Fellowship, a Fulbright-Hays Fellowship, was awarded in 2006 to travel to Mindanao with 12 other educators to learn how to incorporate curriculum about Mindanao. This fellowship project allows me to study the indigenous art, music, dance and culture in the Philippines-both the Cordillera region and Mindanao. I will also participate in cultural exchanges with artists and students.

I am so exited!!! What's also cool is that the SFUSD awarded me a sabbatical for Spring, '09. During that time I will be able to travel to either Southeast Asia, Africa and Latin America to continue my studies of the traditional arts around the world...


No comments: