Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quick Report from Baguio

It's true. I am a horrible blogger.... Been here for almost 2 months and haven't really written much...but the experience has been life changing.

I have met so many wonderful people, visited the most amazing places, been brought down by grief and uplifted by the mountain spirits and the people who live in them...I just returned from two days in Lubuagen to witness the celebration of 100 years of government. The mountains & river & presence of the Mabilong community was healing for me. Going there brought my trip full circle as it was the first IP community to embrace me during this trip. I hold Lubuagen as a special place in my heart.

I will always remember the Kalingas of Lubuagen, the Ifugaos of Banaue & Happao, the Bontoc of Sagada, & the Benguet of Baguio... Deep in my soul I'll always walk with my fellow Pinoy artists of Mindanao, Panay & Luzon, all of us reaching back to our roots and using modern technology woven with ancient knowledge to make new creations of beauty.

Thanks for my text buddies-- it really helped to have a connection when I didn't feel connected. Big thanks to all my travel buddies, host families, fellow artists, healers, family members who made this trip my best homecoming ever. I appreciate and love you all.

No comments: