Sunday, July 27, 2008

Checking in from Davao

Manila and Davao are good rest stops for me....except that I hate crowds, traffic & pollution...

In Manila, I stayed @ Cuz Mike's house with his wife, Grace & my great nephews: Tommy, Maxwell and Morgan. Their house in Quezon City is very beautiful, quiet and large. I mostly ate and slept in late. The opposite of my travels through Kalinga, Mt. Province & Ifugao. I enjoyed being in the provinces and meeting with indigenous artists...walking the terraces sometimes terrified me because I'm scared of heights, but I did it & lost some inches, only to gain it all back @ Micheal's house...too much eating!!!

Now I arrived in Davao today and I'm staying with my other cousin-Cecil Martinez & husband Edgar & family &&& she saw I was still tired & let me take a siesta...&&&& now I'm eating more!!!

Tommorrow I meet with my guides to set my itinerary for Mindanao &&& ALSO- I'll get to see Luanda, who returns from her excursion to Lake Sebu with the other Fulbrighters!

I will write reflections of my tour of the Cordillera Mountains later, but I really think I will be returning there. I found many kindred spirits there...

No comments: